March 13, 2013
Greater Louisville Inc.’s Energy & Environment Committee Update
POSTED BYKori Andrews
The GLI Energy & Environment Committee meets once per month and SMG regularly attends. Each month, various subcommittees report on air, waste, water and energy efficiency. The meeting also included a legislative update from GLI’s lobbyist.
Several highlights from the March 2013 meeting include:
- APCD has issued a public notice for draft regulations pertaining to fees and Title V operating permits.
- APCD has also proposed a new ambient air monitoring station near the Watterson Expressway. Public comments are currently being accepted. For more information, click here.
- The Kentucky Division of Waste Management has predrafted regulations pertaining to last year’s Bona Fide Purchaser Bill. There will be a stakeholders’ group to vet the regulations.
- MSD is hosing a Hazardous Materials Ordinance meeting on May 17, 2013.
- The Sustain Louisville Plan has been published by the Mayor’s office.
For a legislative update on Environmental and Energy issues, please see SMG’s Legislative Update, which is published once per week during the legislative sessions.